Sunday 24 March 2013

Thank YOU




Thank you to every family that’s ever let me into their home, for showing me a glimpse of the functionality and dysfunctionality, both equally sweet, that a real family unit balances each day. It’s because I’ve seen your families’ warmth, unconditional acceptance, laughter, and love, that I’m excited to have my own. 

Thank you to every mama and papa that’s ever had the courage to share with me their trials, successes, and even failures or mistakes as parents. It’s because of your honesty and openness that I’ve learned, grown, and am prepared for becoming a parent in my own right. You can’t learn that stuff from books.

Thank you to every child that’s blessed me with insight into their pure hearts, in the way that only a child can, and even for the times my own integrity and patience was tested. Some of my biggest lessons have been from the smallest-sized people. My fascination and admiration for the children I’ve been lucky to know is the reason I can’t wait to meet my own. Children keep us all honest. 

 Thank you to for the strength the mama’s that have or will have challenges with growing their own family possess. Though I have been fortunate not to have these obstacles, I do know that the strength and courage your spirits hold is immeasurable; you are super heroes. Any physical/mental/emotional hiccups I’ve had throughout this journey are not even comparable to the challenges and obstacles you have had or are facing. Thank you for your strength because without a doubt it has rippled its way through communities of women and eventually reached me. It also is a constant reminder for me not to take this huge blessing for granted.

And so thank you, my future daughter, my biggest blessing, for picking me as your mama. I am grateful for the lessons you’ve already taught me and the countless ones you will. The journey of becoming a mother is a huge honor. I am lucky to have you, and I acknowledge that. Your daddy and I already love you more than anything and are going to try our best to show you that in everything we do.

I know in my heart that I’m going to make a great mama, but I also know that that is thanks to the children, parents and families that have shown me how to be just that. As my baby’s birth day approaches I am full of emotions, wonders, and curiosities. I hope my little family, my journey into motherhood, and my beautiful child touches you in some way. Even if it’s a small, simple way. Even if it’s in a laugh. 

Huge gratitude, 

A mama

P.s. A very special thank you to all  the mama’s that have shaped me, it takes a village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment